Your painting business was hired to do work on the exterior of a shopping center. It was particularly windy that day and the area was not properly taped off. Consequentially, overspray got on a few cars that were parked too close. You as the contractor are now responsible for the property damage to those vehicles.
You are the GC of a project that includes putting on a new addition to a residential house. The carpenter you subcontracted hit a water pipe with a nail. The water not only damaged the work on the addition but it also got into the finished portion of the house. You come to find out your carpenter doesn’t have any insurance so the only person left for the homeowner to sue is you.
Your dumpster rental company is doing great. Business is up 50% over last year and you need to hire more drivers to meet demand. When one of your guys is delivering a dumpster, he gets into an accident on the highway. The roads were slippery and he rear-ended a car despite his best efforts to stop. Unfortunately, he was traveling too close to the car in front. Your employee is responsible for serious injuries to the driver and their passenger. You get sued for $3 million dollars for the bodily injury.
Are you covered?
Insurance isn’t always simple.
Having an independent agent on your side means you have a policy catered specifically for your contracting business. And as your needs change, we can change right along with you.
- General Liability: This insurance helps protect your business from claims of:
- Bodily injury which includes customer slip and falls which were a result of your negligence
- Costs for property damage claims against your business
- Medical expenses if someone gets injured at the job site
- Court costs, judgments, and settlements for covered claims
- Commercial Property: Provides protection for your buildings, business personal property, and property of others.
- Inland Marine: Offers a variety of coverages that protect your property while away from your primary location. Available coverages include Contractors Tools and Equipment, Employees Tools, Laptops, and Building Materials and Equipment. Coverage for rented equipment is also available.
- Builders Risk coverage is available to cover your interest in buildings under construction.
- Commercial Auto: Covers vehicles you own and use for your business.
- Equipment Breakdown: Covers mechanical breakdown of equipment used in your business. Includes the cost to repair damaged equipment, spoiled goods, and loss of income.
- Additional Insured: We offer you the convenience of different options for your additional insured needs. We also have blanket coverage available for one low price.
- Commercial Umbrella: covers large liability losses that exceed the limits of the underlying general liability policy.