Flood Insurance

There is a creek the runs through the land behind your home.  During a heavy rainstorm, the creek water rises enough that it reaches your home and starts coming in through the back door.  Your kitchen molding and flooring is damaged, along with your dishwasher and fridge.

After a record snow winter, the weather suddenly takes a turn for the warm and causes large amounts of snow to melt quickly.  This snowmelt oversaturates your yard and begins leaking into your home, damaging the wall to wall carpet in your living room.

Are you covered?

Insurance isn’t always simple. 

Having an independent agent on your side means you have a policy catered specifically for your home and all of the things you love in it.  And as your needs change, we can change right along with you.


Most people assume their homeowner’s insurance will cover them for a flood, but the fact is “flooding” is excluded on almost every homeowner’s insurance policy.  

Homeowners insurance policies can cover many different types of water losses, such as broken pipes, water backing up through drains and sewers and water coming in after roof damage.  A flood insurance policy pays for damages caused by the rising of water that covers normally dry land.  

A flood policy can provide coverage to your dwelling and personal property in the event of a flooding event.  Unless your lender is requiring a policy for a loan closing, you usually will have to wait 30 days after requesting for a flood policy to go into effect.



If you are in a high-risk flood zone, we do recommend carrying a separate flood insurance policy.  If you have a mortgage and are in a high-risk zone, you will likely be required to carry a policy.

Many people who are not in high-risk flood zones can still benefit from having a policy in place.  The Federal Emergency Flood Management Agency (FEMA) estimates that over 20% of the claims it handles are from moderate to low risk areas.

Interested in a Quote?