During a wind storm, your neighbor’s tree falls on your garage.
The power is out and your sump pump isn’t running. Your finished basement is filling with water!
During an intense game of video bowling, the controller slips out of your son’s hand and leaves a crack in your new 60-inch flat screen.
Your 19 year old daughter is living out of state in the college dorms and her laptop is stolen.
You have a fire in your kitchen. While you can still live in your home, you can’t use your kitchen for 2 months and your food budget grows substantially from all of the take-out you have to order.
Would you be covered? Would you have enough coverage?
Insurance isn’t always simple.
Having an independent agent on your side means you have a policy catered specifically for your home and all of the things you love in it. And as your needs change, we can change right along with you.
Core Homeowners Coverages Explained:
- Dwelling: Coverage for your home and any attached structures, such as an attached garage or deck. This amount will be based off of the true cost of replacing your home in the event of a total loss, not the market value.
- Other Structures: Coverage provided for any detached structures, such as a shed, fencing or detached garage.
- Personal Property/Contents: Coverage for all of your personal belongings in the home, with some coverage extended for your contents while away from your residence.
- Loss of Use/Additional Living Expenses: Coverage provided for certain expenses incurred if you are unable to live in your home or fully use your home due to a covered loss.
- Personal Liability: Provides protection against lawsuits for incidents that you may become liable.
- Medical Payments: Coverage for others who are injured at your residence.
Commonly Included Homeowner Enhancements:
- Expanded Replacement Cost: Provides an additional limit above the dwelling coverage amount. Used as a safeguard to ensure there are enough funds to rebuild your home after a total loss.
- Water Backup of Sewers or Drains: Provides a limit of protection for damages due to the backup of sewers or drains. Generally, these losses occur in a basement, but can happen anywhere in your home.
- Special Personal Property: Provides a broader coverage form for your personal property
Identity Theft/Home Cyber: Provides coverage limits to help restore your identity, recover data, restore systems and provide additional services after a cyber attack or identity theft loss.
- Equipment Breakdown: Provides coverage for certain electric & mechanical failures of home equipment such as air conditioners, heating units and major appliances.
Service Line Coverage: Provides coverage for underground utility lines running to your home, for systems such as cable/internet, sewer and gas.