Your spouse who is new to riding decides she would like to get her motorcycle endorsement and start riding. She practices using your bike in a local parking lot, but ends up hitting a parked vehicle.
Since purchasing your bike from the dealership, you have added a custom stitched seat, heated hand grips and chrome wheels. You are in an accident and your motorcycle is deemed a total loss. These items are not accounted for on the original purchase cost of the bike.
You are on a cross country motorcycle trip and your bike breaks down 3 states from home. Your bike is towed to a near-by shop where they tell you the repairs will take a few days. You have to rent a room at a local hotel for a couple of nights while you wait for repairs.
You are cut off by an SUV at an intersection. Thankfully, there is no collision, but while trying to stop you fall off your bike and hurt your leg. You do have health insurance, but you have a $3,000 deductible under that policy.
Are you covered?
Insurance isn’t always simple.
Having an independent agent on your side means you have a policy catered specifically for your bike and riders. And as your needs change, we can change right along with you.
CORE MOTORCYCLE COVERAGES EXPLAINED:
- Bodily Injury & Property Damage: Payment limits for bodily injury caused to others and damage caused to the property of others. This can be written as split limits, providing a separate limit for bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage OR for a combined single limit providing one blanket amount of coverage for bodily injury and property damage.
- Medical Payments: Provides coverage for medical expenses resulting from injury to the insured or a passenger.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Provides coverage for injury, damage or death caused by someone who does not have any insurance or does not have an adequate amount of insurance to cover the expenses.
- Collision: Covers the cost of repairs to or replacement of your bike when you are involved in an accident
- Comprehensive: Covers the cost of repairs to or replacement of your bike when the damages are caused by factors not considered a collision, such as fire, weather, accidents with an animal, theft, etc.
COMMONLY USED MOTORCYCLE ENHANCEMENTS:
- Rental Reimbursement: Provides coverage for the cost of a rental vehicle after a covered loss
- Roadside Assistance & Trip Interruption: Provides coverage for towing or other services needed on the road, such as fuel refill, tire change, etc. Can also provide coverage for lodging and other expenses if you are away from home during an incident.
- OEM Parts Coverage: Changes the loss settlement for comprehensive and collision losses so that parts damaged are replaced with original manufacturer parts when available
- Accessories and custom parts: Provides coverage for upgrades you may have made to your bike after the original purchase.